Sarah Mc Allister, from Inspire, joined us to lead workshops with Class 1 and Class 2. The children made a Lychee smoothie, five spice stir fry and curry with chick peas. Gabby, our school cook made curry in the kitchen behind ready for lunch today. There were lots of interesting new flavours and textures as you can see from the photos below!
Thank you to all the friends and families that joined us for the event.
Classes 1 and 2 took part in the workshop and as well as trying lots of new foods the children also gave some interesting descriptions!
- The piece of ginger: It looks like a funny potato.
- The lychee: It was awesome.
- Natural yogurt: It tastes sour.
- The smoothie: It smells like banana.
- The Chinese five spice: It smells like gingerbread.
- The lychee: I didn’t like the middle bit. It was wet.
- There were a lot of thumbs up throughout the sessions and everyone should have recieved a copy of the recipes used.More photos are on the Class 1 and Class 2 page.