Cassop Primary School Curriculum: Years 1-6
Our Curriculum establishes an entitlement for all children and promotes high standards. The purposes of having a curriculum are:
- to establish an entitlement for all children to develop and apply the knowledge, skills and understanding that will help them become successful learners, confident individuals and responsible global citizens – regardless of social background, culture, race, gender, differences in ability and disabilities;
- to establish standards for children’s performance that can be shared with children, parents, teachers, governors and the public;
- to promote continuity and coherence, allowing children to move smoothly between schools and phases of education and providing a foundation for lifelong learning;
- to promote public understanding, building confidence in the work of the school and in the quality of education provided at Cassop Primary School.
In particular, our school Curriculum:
- promotes high standards, particularly in English, Maths and ICT capability;
- provides continued entitlement from Early Years to a coherent, broad and balanced curriculum;
- instils in children a positive disposition to learning and a commitment to learn;
- promotes and passes on essential knowledge, skills and understanding valued by society to the next generation;
- is relevant to children and prepares them for the here and now, for the next phase of their education, and for their future;
- widens horizons and raises aspirations about the world of work and further and higher education;
- makes children more aware of, and engaged with, their local, national and international communities;
- helps children recognise that personal development is essential to wellbeing and success.