Consultation with Children and Young People with SEND
Teachers/SENCO and Support Staff will work with children and young people to identify the support needed to meet agreed outcomes. The provision is planned and interventions are allocated to individual needs. The children take an active role with setting their targets, discussing them with the class teacher/SENCO. The children have regular meetings with support staff to discuss their progress and support.
- It is important that children with SEN are aware of their targets and the additional support that is being put in place for them and why.
- We ensure that children are given regular feedback about their progress and are also given the opportunity to give their opinions about the progress they are making and the provision/intervention they receive.
- Where appropriate we encourage children to help to set new targets for themselves. Children with SEN support or EHCP will have a regular review meeting with their parents and the SENCO.
Consultation with parents and carers of children and young people with SEND
We are committed to working with parents and carers to identify their child’s needs and support. Parents and carers will be involved throughout the process.
There is a range of ways this can be done, for example:
- Termly parents/ carers evenings;
- Ongoing discussions with a class teacher and/or SENCO;
- An ‘open-door’ policy, where parents and carers are welcome to come into school to discuss any concerns they may have;
- Through a review of a child’s SEN Support Plan or the Annual Review of their Statement of SEN or EHC Plan.
If you would like to discuss your SEND requirements in detail please contact the school to arrange an appointment.