We adapt the curriculum and learning environment for pupils with SEN:
- we use an assess, plan, do, review cycle;
- we use either a short note, support plan or EHCP to ensure the curriculum and learning environment meets the needs of the child;
- we use advice and targets from other professionals to inform our planning and delivery and resources;
- we focus on a holistic approach nurturing life skills were possible;
- we continually update our knowledge through CPD to ensure the best possible provision for our children.
- We make the following adaptations to ensure all pupils’ needs are met:-Differentiating our curriculum to ensure all pupils are able to access it, for example, by grouping, 1:1 work, teaching style, content of the lesson, etc.
- Adapting our resources and staffing
- Using recommended aids, such as laptops, coloured overlays, visual timetables, larger font, etc.
- Differentiating our teaching, for example, giving longer processing times, pre-teaching of key vocabulary, reading instructions aloud, etc.
More details on how we adapt information, our environment and curriculum can be found in the Accessibility Plan which you ca find in the School Policies section of our website.