At Cassop Primary School we provide extra pastoral support arrangements for listening to the views of pupils with SEN and measures to prevent bullying.
We provide support for pupils to improve their emotional and social development in the following ways:
- Pupils with SEN are encouraged to be part of the school council
- Pupils with SEN are also encouraged to be part of our after school clubs to promote teamwork/building friendships etc.
- Pupils with SEN are encouraged to take part in our OPAL play sessions.
- If needed, we use social stories as an intervention to support a child with SEN.
- If needed, we use ‘Getting Along’ as an intervention to support our children.
- We advocate a restorative approach to behavior therefore encouraging empathy from our children.
We have a zero tolerance approach to bullying.